Anne Ruthmann, creative entreprenuer and author of “Pricing Workbook for Creatives” helps people figure out how to package their talents so it can lead to a profitable business.
In this episode, Luci and Anne discuss:
- The evolution of Anne’s career and how it has evolved as she moved around the country and in different demographics.
- Unique challenges faced by creatives in sales and marketing.
- Marketing and selling your work in different spaces.
- Find out what you need to live, what you need to support your creation, and what you need to support your business, that is how you will find your pricing with confidence.
- Be confident in your pricing – there is power in knowing what you and your work are worth.
- Reclaim your space and your value – don’t allow the market or the customer determine what you are worth.
“I do see selling as an emotive experience, and as an emotionally connecting experience. But I think that creating the structure of a price to be applied to a work, to be applied to a print, to be applied to a service, or to be applied to an offering, is a different act – it’s one that happens behind the scenes. It isn’t one that happens in front of clients, it’s one that happens before the client walks in the door. I find that, when that structure has been built before the client walks in the door, then people can be confident and really focus on what the client loves.” — Anne Ruthman
Connect with Anne Ruthman:
Facebook: Anne Ruthmann Photography
Pinterest: Anne Ruthmann
Connect with Luci Dumas: