“If you were going to a networking event in person, what would you do, how would you respond to people approaching you, what would you share with them? These are the exact same things that you would do on your Instagram profile.”
Today, our hostess and Mastercraftsman Photographer Luci Dumas sits down with María Oliva, Founder and CEO of SMS Media, a social media coaching business for wedding vendors based in the DC area. She is on a mission to change the way wedding vendors approach Instagram by helping them create sustainable and fun strategies!
Listen in as the digital marketing master shares how Instagram can become your go-to tool for attracting dream clients and why it’s important to niche down in order to maximize your ability to reach and start building relationships with those clients.
Referring to Instagram as “a free networking platform online,” Maria encourages any photographer looking to build a brand to be proactive in starting and continuing conversations, and to personally extend invitations to those who interact positively with their posts to join their community.
She continues on to offer a treasure trove of practical tips and strategies to grow your Instagram following and, ultimately, your client base. These include using hashtags effectively, creating posts based on your content pillars, finding opportunities to collaborate with local vendors, and visual branding best practices.
- Why Instagram is a great tool for attracting your dream clients (5:25)
- Overcoming excuses that stop you from investing in your business (10:49)
- How to build a community on Instagram (15:41)
- Using hashtags effectively (23:45)
- Establishing your content pillars (29:41)
- Collaboration with vendors on Instagram (33:37)
- Making money on Instagram (36:11)
- Understanding the buyer’s journey (38:44)
- Visual branding on how to provide value on Instagram (41:49)
- Get María’s freebie and stay connected (49:35)
- Luci’s wrap up (50:23)
Get María Oliva’s free Instagram selling guide:
Get in touch with María Oliva at:
Photography Business Coach Luci Dumas’ Programs: