“It’s like a train. It’s going to pick up steam. If you keep at it, the referrals, the ideal clients will come. Do good work and do right by people. You can do it.”
It’s true what they say about your gifts making room for you: At the tender age of ten, Chip Dizárd received a piece of technology that would change the trajectory of his life.
On Christmas Eve 1978, he opened a gift and fell in love with the magic technology could create. His Atari 2600 would open his mind to exploring things and creating memories that last a lifetime.
As the years have progressed, so has his gift. Chip has been able to work with schools, churches, and businesses to grow their influence in their local and global communities. Skilled in web development, videography, photography, education, and public speaking Chip has taken his passion for technology and made it his mission to teach others.
Our hostess Luci Dumas and Chip chat about finding your ideal client by “eliminating the worst and expanding on the best,” homing in on their interests and tastes, and knowing exactly where to find them. Chip also whittles the art of finding your niche down to three questions: What are you passionate about?, What are you good at?, and What drives your economic engine?
Finally, Chip speaks on his mission to promote diversity and inclusion via his personal brand as a wedding photographer, and encourages others in the industry to do the same in their own way.
The key to incorporating diversity and inclusion in your business successfully? For Chip, it’s all about keeping this reality in mind: They’re not buying our services. They’re buying how our services make them feel.
- Moving beyond having only friends and family as clients (4:10)
- How to find your ideal clients (17:14)
- Where to find your first few clients (24:50)
- How to find your niche (30:48)
- Diversity and inclusion in the event industry (38:15)
- The challenge of “being noticed” as a woman or Person of Color in the event industry (50:57)
- Chip’s parting words (58:17)
- Luci’s wrap-up (59:27)
- The Ideal Client Checklist: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention The Profitable Photographer
- Get in touch with Chip Dizárd:
- Email: email@example.com
Photography Business Coach Luci Dumas’ Programs: