Standing out in a very crowded field is something every photographer needs to do in order to become profitable. Jennifer George did this quickly by creating her own recognizable style, entering and winning local and national print competitions, speaking, and writing photography books. She also uses her passion and personal projects to inspire others and give back.
In this episode, Luci and Jennifer discuss:
- How personal projects will build your portfolio and photography business.
- Entering (and winning) competitions can be leveraged with high-end clients because people are attracted to award-winning professionals.
- In an oversaturated photography market, you can set yourself apart by learning all you can from art classes, social media workshops, and marketing seminars.
- Your work will be original and compelling when you find your true authentic self. Jennifer credits Luci as a significant influence on her style from the start.
- How high-end photographers are not stagnant and the benefits of honing in on a clientele that is going to grow your business.
Jennifer George has gained a national reputation for her intimate, stylistic portraits. Since 1999, Her soulful images, use of natural lighting and multi-cultural awareness have afforded her the ability to follow her dream. The awards she has earned in just a few short years highlight Jennifer’s skill and passion for photography. Jennifer was recipient of California Photographer of the Year, People’s Choice Award twice, the Grand Premiere Award for Wedding and Portrait Photographer’s International and many more.
In 2014, she began using her photography to tell the stories of abused woman and created the exhibit “Exposing Scars”. This powerful project was exhibited for two months at the Women’s Museum of California and traveled to several venues including colleges.
She has written 3 “How To” books on photography, blogs on life lessons, and inspires others with her journey through life’s challenges and blessings.
Connect with Jennifer George:
Non-Profit Website: http://www.artinspiringchange.org
Book: The Art of Pregnancy Photography, Photographing the Child, The Digital Photographer’s Guide to Natural-Light Family Portraits
Connect with Luci Dumas:
Show: The Profitable Photographer
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.